The Smithsonian, Library of Congress and the National Archives have launched #19SuffrageStories, a 19-day social media campaign that will share stories about the long fight for women’s voting rights in the U.S.
Every weekday from Aug. 3 to Aug. 26, the three institutions will share one of 19 stories related to women’s suffrage, counting down to Women’s Equality Day Aug. 26. The institutions have also released a set of social media stickers and GIFs to encourage the public to join the conversation.
The public is invited to follow the countdown on social media and on the web:
- Using the hashtag #19SuffrageStories
- Following the Smithsonian on @Smithsonian Instagram and Twitter
- Following the Library of Congress @LibraryCongress on Instagram and Twitter
- Following the National Archives @USNatArchives on Instagram and Twitter
- Visiting Womenshistory.si.edu
Source: Library of Congress News
Latest News: Smithsonian, Library of Congress and National Archives Commemorate Suffrage Centennial With #19SuffrageStories